A. Information Collected
We collect two types of information from visitors to this website: (1) Personally Identifiable Information; and (2) Non- Personally Identifiable Information, such as your IP address or cookies.
(1) Personally, Identifiable Information
“Personally, Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. CG Electronics collects and stores the personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provided to us when you register with our Site or App or when you contact us or when you participate on various schemes, sales promos or various activities related to the site like chatbots and message boards. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personally identifiable information on this website:
We may collect your first and last name and product or service details if you contact us with a question related to our products or services;
We may collect your first and last name and mailing address if you request a product on this website; We may collect your name, email address or phone number if you contact us with a question.
We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes; and/or
The above list provides an example of the personally identifiable information that may be collected on this website. If you do not want CG Electronics to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “Derivative Data” can be technical information such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times and the pages you have viewed directly before or after accessing the Site or it can be demographic information, such as your age, location, gender or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. We may collect Non-personally identifiable information when you access our Site or application. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via this website:
Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the web pages you view.
User Opt-In and Opt-Out
CG Electronics licenses technology to serve advertisements on other Sites and within its content as that content is served across the Internet. In addition, CG Electronics may use third party network advertisers to serve advertisements and third-party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the Sites and viewing of our content. We do not share Personal Data with these third parties, but ad network providers, the advertisers, the sponsors, and/or analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to data about you, including usage data. Third parties that provide marketing programs on CG Electronics’ behalf are responsible for maintaining both cookie opt-in and opt-out functionality. We and our network advertisers may target advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your visits to both the Sites and other web sites subject to your prior opt-in if and when required by the applicable laws.
If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising any longer, you can opt out of some network advertising programs that use your Personal Data. To do so please visit the NAI Opt-Out Page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Please note that even if you choose to remove your Personal Data (opt out), you might still see advertisements while you’re browsing online.
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional. However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on this website or if you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box if such checkbox is available at the points where personally identifiable information is collected or by contacting us. We will process you unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of the email.
(3) Data collection through social sites;
B. Use of Information
How will CG ELECTRONICS use the information it obtains?
- We use your information that is collected through the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver or provide the service;
- To provide customer service;
- To alert you of special offers, updated information, other new products or service, or to forward promotional materials to you;
- To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To improve Sites and ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites;
- To allow you to upload content or to add a comment to the Sites;
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us” or other inquiries.
- To analyze, review, and improve the products or service we offer;
- To understand how customers are using the Sites
- To develop new products and service we offer;
- To provide you with a user-friendly navigation experience;
- To create and manage your account;
- To protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- To assist law enforcement and comply with regulatory requirements; for marketing;
- To compile statistical date and make analysis for use internally or with third parties; and for internal record keeping
C. Information Sharing
We may share information we have collected in certain situations as follows:
• To our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates CG ELECTRONICS may have to share your data with these parties in order to provide you with services that have been requested by you, or so that we can ensure our services and products are meeting your needs. For example, in some instances, CG ELECTRONICS may be required to transfer your data to our parent company situated at Kathmandu or Nepal, in order to provide you with a product or service requested by you. The term ‘affiliates’ or ‘subsidiaries’ refers to group companies who may be using CG name or who has common ownership or control such as CG, or CG Electronics.
• We generally do not share with third parties the information we receive as a result of you using the Sites. Nevertheless, please be aware of the following circumstances where we may share such information with the following entities
Third-Party Service Provider.
• If you purchase or download an item from a site, we may share your data in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. In addition, if you purchase a product via the Sites, we may need to share your data with third parties in order to have that product delivered to you and installed as you requested. Also, if you are entering a competition or prize draw, we may use your data in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion.
• To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfilment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on CG ELECTRONICS’s behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfilment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the data for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users’ data, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us.
If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may forward you to our sister concern as CG Digital’s outlet or e-commerce channel cgdigital.com.np for further transactions.
• Other Parties When Required by Law. As required by court order or other government or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with legal process or law;
• Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions. In connection with a corporate event, such as a merger or sale of all or part of CG ELECTRONICS business (including that of a division or subsidiary), where CG ELECTRONICS may need to disclose information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers;
• Other Parties When it is Necessary to Protect Our Service. In order to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
• Other Parties When it is to Protect Any of Our Users’ Personal Safety or Property. In order to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public
To strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service. In this case, we may ask your additional consent.
How long will CG ELECTRONICS keep my personal Information
We may collect, use, and share (with CG Electronics’ partners, service providers and licensees) precise location data, including the real-time location of your mobile or fixed location device.
We use analytics tools and other third-party technologies, such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our online Sites and/or Services. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
The third party analytics companies who collect information on our Sites and/or Services and other online products and/or services may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online and/or mobile products and services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
In addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of CG Electronics Sites and/or Services and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of CG Electronics Sites and/or Services. For more information about this practice, please see the “Third Party Advertising Technologies” section below.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, and Restrictions.
Third-Party Advertising Technologies
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we also may permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our Sites and/or Services (e.g., to allow them to tailor ads on third party services). These companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behaviour. These companies may use information about user behaviour in order to provide customized advertisements across various services and products. In the course of providing these services, products or placing advertisements, these third-party companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on any of our Sites and/or Services and on third party websites. Each of these companies uses this cookie information according to their own privacy and security policies. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out as indicated in this Policy. Please note this does not opt you out of being delivered advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
If you do not want CG Electronics to have access to this information, please do not visit our Sites.
D. Collection and Use of Information of individual Under the Age of 18
CG Electronics does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use this website. If you are under 18 please do not attempt to register on this website or send us any Personal Information.
E. Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any board, chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don’t want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don’t include it in any message you post publicly.
F. Third-Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on this website. This website may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
In the event that all or part of our assets is sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected via this website.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to CG Electronics is done at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using these Sites or providing personally identifiable information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
As we value your personal information, we will ensure an adequate level of protection. As mentioned above we have therefore implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use and will update these measures as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
L. No Indemnification
CG Electronics shall have no obligation to indemnify any person in connection with any matter related to or arising out of this Policy or the subject matter of this Policy except for any willful misconduct adjudicated by the competent court.